- 2011 New York Foundation for the Arts Artist Fellowship Award
2006 Urban Artists Initiative Special Project Grant
2005 Cork Printmakers Residency Award, Cork 2005 European Cultural Capital, Ireland
2003 New York Foundation for the Arts Artist Fellowship Award
2001 The Robert D. Richardson Non-Fiction Award, Denver Quarterly
1999 American Academy of Arts and Letters, Willard L. Metcalf Award
1997 New York Foundation for the Arts, Artist Fellowship
- FELLOWSHIPS AND RESIDENCIES
- 2000 Painting Space 122, P.S. 122, Artist in Residence, 1999-2000
1998 Yaddo, Saratoga Springs, NY
1998 Manhattan Graphics Center Fellowship
1998 Lower East Side Printshop, Inc., Special Edition Fellowship Project
- 2010 Minor Memorial Gallery, Roxbury, CT
2007 Taller Boricua, NY, NY, "4 Projects"
2006 California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
2005 Le Temple, Lacaze, France
2003 SUNY Rockland, Rotunda Gallery, Rockland, NY
2003 Queens Theater in the Park, Queens, NY
2002 Koussevitzky Art Gallery, Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA
2001 St. Peter's Church, NY, NY
1998 Art Resource Transfer Inc., NY, NY
- LARGE FABRIC INSTALLATIONS
- 2011 Mandeville Gallery, Union College, Of Weeds and Wildness: Nature in Black & White, Union, NY
- 2011-2010 Central Booking Gallery, "Book of Birds," Brooklyn, NY
- 2010 International Print Center, New Prints, curated by Philip Pearlstein
- Minor Memorial Gallery, Roxbury, CT
- 2008 International Print Center New York, "Artist Commentary"
- 2007 Taller Boricua, NY, NY
- 2006 "Going Under," film directed by Eric Werthman, starring Roger Rees
- 2005 Sirius Arts Center, Cobh, Ireland, CORK 2005
- Center for Book Arts, "Paris/ New York"
Abrons Art Center, "Dialogue"
Housatonic Museum, "Innovations in Contemporary Printmaking,"
Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, "Dialogue"
Cité des Arts, Paris, France
- 2004 International Print Center, Impresionante! Innovative Prints by
- Contemporary Puerto Rican Artists, curated by Deborah Cullen and Harper Montgomery, NY, NY Zilkha Gallery, Wesleyan University, installation, "The Alumni Show," Middletown, CT
- SELECTED GROUP
- 2011 Women Artists, New York College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY
- 2009 International Print Center New York New Prints Winter 2009, NY, NY
- Natural Histories, Central Booking, Brooklyn, NY
Faculty Exhibit, Grace Gallery, CityTech, CUNY, Brooklyn, NY
CityTech Hispanic Women, Grace Gallery, CityTech, Brooklyn, NY
Ajara Art Museum, Batumi, Georgia
Anchor Graphics Columbia College Chicago, New Prints, Chicago, IL
Other Other II High Visibility, Nathan Cummings Foundation, NY, NY
- 2008 International Print Center, New Prints 2007/08
- Faculty Exhibit, Grace Gallery, CityTech, Brooklyn, NY
- 2007 Gallery 4H, Philadelphia, PA
- Faculty Exhibit, Grace Gallery, CityTech, Brooklyn, NY
- 2006 International Print Center New York, "New Prints 2006," NY, NY
- Lower East Side Printshop, Summer '06 Show, NY, NY
- 2005 Kosova Art Museum, Hope Box
- Roman Petrovic Gallery, Sarajevo, Drawings
Centar Za Kulturu, Mostar, "Weather Report"
SKC Gallery, Belgrade, Hope Box
- 2004 International Print Center, "New Prints 2004/ Spring," NY, NY,
- curated by Barry Walker 30 Vandam, New York Foundation for the Arts Fellows Exhibition, New York, NY
Art for Living, New York, NY
Johannesburg Art Gallery, "Hopebox Drawings," an international drawing collaborative, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2003 Spark!, "Hopebox," Johannesburg, South Africa
- Minds, I, "Hopebox," Pretoria, South Africa
NSA Gallery, "Hopebox," Durban, South Africa
Durban Art Gallery, "Hopebox," Durban, South Africa
- 2002 Virtual Museum of Contemporary African Art, "Weather Report"
- Library of Congress, "Reactions," Washington, DC
Abrons Art Center, Henry Street Settlement, "Memory & Metaphor," NY, NY
Exit Art, "Reactions," NY, NY
Queensland College of Art Gallery, "Hope Box Peep-Show 2001", Griffith
University, Queensland, Australia
The Parrish Art Museum, "The Thirty-Seventh Juried Exhibition," Southampton, NY
- 2000 Williamsburgh Art & Historical Center, "Yaddo Artists," NY, NY
- "Weather Report" in Mai Gallery, Hanoi and Blue Sace Art Centre, Ho Chi
- 1999 American Academy of Arts and Letters, NY, NY,
- "Exhibition of Work by Newly Elected Members and Recipients of Honors and Awards"
El Museo del Barrio, NY, NY, "The Selected Files: NY Artists of Latin American Heritage
American Academy of Arts and Letters, NY, NY, "Invitational Exhibition of
Painting & Sculpture"
- 1998 Galerie Station 3, Vienna, Austria, "Druckgrafik aus New York"
- Dorfman Projects, NY, NY, "The Tip of the Iceberg: A Response To NY Museums
Dave Muller's Three Day Weekend, "Cover," Los Angeles, CA
- 1996 University of Columbia, Bogota, Columbia, "Fusion Gravado"
- Long Island University, NY, "Survey"
- 1995 Dalarnas Museum, Sweden, "Grafiker Falubiennalen 95"
- The Guggenheim Gallery, Chapman University, Orange, CA, "Fabrication"
Art Center, Pasadena, CA, "Multimediation," Four Printmakers
- 2011 Times Union, Albany, NY, "Of Weeds and Wildness at Union College Explore
- Dualities in Art and Nature," Steve Barnes, February 10, 2011
All Over Albany, "Of Weeds and Wildness at Nott Memorial,"
Bennett V. Campbell, February 10, 2011
The Free George, "A Review: Of weeds and Wildness"
Concordiensis, "Nature in the dead of winter?" Rachel Steiner, January 27, 2011
ArtBeat: What To See - Nippertown!, January 12, 2011
Prairie Schooner, University of Nebraska Press, poems, forthcoming
- 2010 The Litchfield County Times, CT, "Nature and Art Together in Exhibit in Roxbury"
- The Housatonic Times, CT, "Peaceable Kingdom" Voices, CT
- 2009 Poetry Magazine, poem
- 2008 Boston Review, poem
- Ellen LaForge Poetry Prize Journal, poems
- 2006 Tweed Museum, University of Minnesota, Philip Pearlstein catalogue essay
- 2005 Denver Quarterly, University of Denver, poems Haberarts.com, "Making Books"
- 2002 Michael Kimmelman, The New York Times, "Real Flesh, Not Perfect or
- 2001 Denver Quarterly, University of Denver, "The Model as Painter and
- 2000 The New York Times, "The Lonely Life of a Free Spirit," Sunday, April 30
- 1999 Art in America, "Awards," July
- 1998 Beth Piskora, New York Post, "New York Woman"
- 1995 Michael Duncan, "Fabrication: Formal, found and funky," catalogue essay
- 1992 Master of Fine Arts, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
1987 Atelier Mac'Avoy; Academie Port-Royal, Paris, France
1985 Bachelor of Arts, Fine Art and English, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
- 2002 - present: New York City College of Technology, CUNY, Brooklyn, NY, Adjunct Lecturer
- 2005 Curator, "New Prints 2005" International Print Center New York, NY, NY
- 2009 Curator," The Wall," Lincoln Center, Walter Reade Gallery, NY, NY
- 2003-2009 Executive Board, Lower East Side Printshop